1. Introduction: Our Principles for Protecting Your Privacy
1. We will identify the purposes for collecting your information.
2. We will inform you of the information that will be collected and seek your consent to collect, use, or disclosure your information.
3. We will collect only information that is necessary to carry out the identified purposes of use.
4. We will use or disclose your information only for the purposes for which it is collected, except with your consent or as required by law, and we will keep your information only as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
5. We will endeavor to make sure that your information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
6. We will protect your information by appropriate security safeguards.
7. We will make our policies and practices for the handling of your information as transparent as possible.
8. You always will have access to your information and will be able to correct your information as appropriate.
2. What Types of Information and How Does LINE Collect from Me?
We obtain certain information from you that is necessary to allow you to use our Service. There are two basic types of information that we collect:
a. Information that You Provide
• Information Registered by Users
To allow users to use the Service as smoothly as possible, and to promote effortless communication between users, users may be asked to register additional details such as profile information, character names, etc. All such submissions are optional. Alternatively, you may choose to create an account for Services using your Facebook account. Please note that we do not collect your Facebook password. If you create an account using Facebook account, we request to ask you to provide permission to refer your profile to be shared from Facebook, which are optional. You may also choose to insert information such as contributor name, email address, etc in additional features of Service, and we will use the information to contact you review outcome or to avoid abuse of Service.
• Promotional Events
There may be occasions where you might will be asked to provide details such as your name, address, phone number, email address, gender, and date of birth, for the purposes of surveys, lot drawings, and other promotional events, where we require these details to courier prizes, and for the delivery of purchased products, etc., to you.
• User Contact Information
We collect user information when the user contacts us by our online inquiry form, including email address, device type, and OS type etc., to help establish the user's identity, for examination into reported problems and to provide an appropriate response to those inquiries.
b. Information We Obtain From Your Use of the Service
To provide the best possible service to users, as well as for maintenance and security purposes, Cookies may be used to store user settings, to record access figures as well as monitoring usage patterns and statistics. You can choose to deactivate Cookies. You, however, will not be able to use parts of the Service which require Cookies to be active.
Upon access to the Service, your IP address, browser type, browser language setting, viewing history of Contents(such as title, duration, and frequency of Contents viewed) and the like will be automatically obtained and stored. Such information will be used to analyze user environments, thereby enabling us to provide a better Service, as well as to prevent any unauthorized/fraudulent activities which interfere with normal Service operations.
• Device Information
Your device information (OS type, serial number, etc.) might be acquired at times. This information will be used for the provision of a better service, as well as for identification purposes and prevention of any unauthorized/fraudulent activities which interfere with normal Service operations.
3. How Does LINE Use Information Collected?
We use information collected for the following purposes listed below:
• to offer an undisturbed and smooth Service to users
• to prevent any unauthorized/fraudulent use of the Service
• to aggregate statistical data regarding the Service
• to conduct research and analysis aimed at reviewing and improving Services
• to enable us to deal effectively with user inquiries
• to provide information regarding the Service etc., as well as advertising information from our business partners
• to provide new future developments regarding the Service
• to draw winners for promotional events, courier gifts to those winners, and deliver purchased products, etc.
• to perform identity checks when a user makes an inquiry etc.
• to notify you of any other important information regarding the Service and to contact you when necessary
4. Does LINE Share Information Collected?
5. Does LINE Use Other Service Providers?
6. How Do I Access My Information or Have It Corrected or Deleted?
LINE has tried to and will continue to try to make it as easy as possible for you to control your information.
You can send us a written request at any time to confirm, correct, or delete any other personal information that LINE holds which cannot be confirmed directly on the App. Upon verification of your identity, LINE will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time in accordance with relevant law.
7. User Generated Contents: About Information You Upload
Please note that, in the course of using our Service, information you registered with us (such as profile name or pictures) or statistical data (such as your scores, rankings and achievements) may be viewed by other users.
8. How Long Does LINE Keep My Information?
9. Where Is My Information Processed and Stored?
To provide the Service, LINE processes and stores information on secure servers in countries around the world. By continuing to use the Services, you agree that LINE can transfer your information outside of your country.
10. Covered Services
• LINE TV
11. Comments? Questions?
* LINE uses third party advertising agencies to place advertisements on the Internet or in other media. To measure the effectiveness of the advertisements to determine how much to pay to the advertising agencies, we install third-party modules within the Apps. We may also install third-party modules within the Apps in order to help us understand how the Service is used. (You can check the list of 3rd party modules on http://terms.line.me/line_rules_extmod?lang=en)
Details regarding the Apps in which such third-party modules follow:
- Installed on: LINE TV 3.1.0 and higher for Android/iOS
- Operator: Nielsen
- Details Obtained: Advertisement Identifiers
- Aims: To measure audience of LINE TV in Thailand
- Sharing to third-parties: No