LINE Ads Platform Terms and Conditions of Use for Advertiser
(“the Basic Terms and Conditions”). The Affiliate shall mean any entity which controls, is controlled by, and under common control with LINE Corporation. Additionally, the person consenting to the Basic Terms and Use representing or acting on behalf of the Partner shall hereby represent and warrant that he/she is duly authorized by the Partner for such consent.
1. Overview of the Service
The Service allows the Partners to use the Company’s advertisement distribution system in the countries and areas designated by LINE Corporation to distribute advertisements of their own, or those of the request the Partners, in advertisement slots provided by the Company. Details of the Service shall be in accordance with the media guides separately provided by the Company.
2. Exemption etc., from Liability Related to Distribution
(1) The Company does not guarantee that the Service is free from defects, bugs, or any other issues that may occur for any reason. There is the possibility that issues such as advertisements scheduled for distribution not being displayed, advertisement content being displayed in a different format, advertisements being displayed to an unintended audience, or incorrect data being displayed may occur. The Partners shall be fully aware of this, and shall not pursue any legal action against the Company even if the advertisement distribution system does not operate correctly or if advertisement distribution is not performed as planned, except in cases where this is due to the willful misconduct of the Company.
(2) The Partner hereby consents that the Company may, without any separate notice to Partner, with respect to a certain part of traffics, distribute the advertisement of which logic is different from the logic of usual type of advertisement distribution and test distribution of advertisement, for the purpose of optimizing or improving the quality of the Service. The Partner also consents that the Company will charge the usage fees to the Partner for such type of advertisement distribution as well in accordance with Article 13 hereunder.
3. Distribution Period
(1) The distribution periods for each advertisement shall be decided at each Partner’s discretion, and each advertisement shall be distributed via the dashboard provided by the Company.
(2) The Partner acknowledges that there may be discrepancies between the time zone displayed on the dashboard when the distribution period of the advertisement is set and the time zone set by Company for the calculation of the fee for the Service to be invoiced to Partner due to the reasons including but not limited setting of the Service by the Partner. The Partner shall not object to such discrepancies, if any.
4. Handling of Rights Related to Submitted Materials
Preparation of the submitted materials to be distributed on the Service and handling of the rights (including, without limitation, payment to JASRAC or other copyright management agencies) for materials used in redirect links provided in such submitted materials (including, without limitation, domain names, URLs, websites found within the same domain, and apps, collectively, “Redirect Links”) shall be the responsibility of the Partners, who shall also bear the responsibility for such expenses. The Partners shall grant a perpetual and royalty-free right necessary for displaying the submitted materials on media covered by the Service.
5. Advertisement Screening Standards
The Partners must ensure that the submitted materials content, submitted materials format and Redirect Links comply with the advertisement screening standards established by the Company or the guidelines incidental thereto prescribed in the media guides (the “Distribution Guidelines, Etc.”). Please note, however, that the Distribution Guidelines, Etc. have not been created to serve as legal advice. Partners are responsible for confirming and complying with all laws, regulations, ordinances, etc. which are applicable to the submitted advertisements.
6. Screening of Submitted Materials and Redirect Links
Submitted materials content, submitted materials format and Redirect Links must undergo the prescribed screening in accordance with the Distribution Guidelines, Etc. Advertisements using such submitted materials may not be distributed without passing this screening. If all or part of the submitted materials content, submitted materials format and Redirect Links changes after the abovementioned screening, such submitted materials and Redirect Links shall be re-screened in accordance with the procedure set forth by Company. For the avoidance of doubt, the screening does not guarantee that submitted materials content or the content within Redirect Links is free from de facto or legal flaws (including, without limitation, flaws relating to legality, stability, reliability, accuracy, integrity, effectiveness, or fitness for a particular purpose, as well as security-related faults, errors, bugs, or rights infringements).
7. Responsibility of the Partners
(1) Regardless of whether the Partners are the direct advertisers of the relevant advertisement, the Partners shall represent and warrant that the submitted materials and Redirect Links: (a) do not infringe upon the copyrights, industrial property rights, publicity rights, privacy rights, or any other rights of third parties; (b) do not violate the Act on Securing Quality, Efficacy and Safety of Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, etc., the Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations, or any other relevant laws and regulations (for the avoidance of the doubt, such laws and regulations shall include not only the laws and regulations of the incorporation country or are of Partner but also include the laws and regulations of the country and area to which the advertisement is distributed); (c) contain accurate and up-to-date information, and do not contain (i) content that will confuse users, (ii) computer viruses, (iii) false data, or (iv) unrelated or irrelevant data; (d) do not contain dead links; and (e) do not contain content that offends the public order or morals, slanders a third party, or harms the reputation of a third party.
(2) In cases where the Company receives complaints, claims, or other requests from a third party in relation to submitted materials or Redirect Links, the Partners shall respond to such requests at their own responsibility and expense. In cases where the Partners have caused damage to the Company relating to submitted materials or Redirect Links, the Partners shall immediately compensate the Company for all such damage (including, without limitation, lost earnings, special damages, and reasonable legal fees).
8. Suspension of Distribution
Even after completing the Company-prescribed screening in accordance with the Distribution Guidelines, Etc. on the contents and format of submitted materials as well as Redirect Links, the Company may, in the following cases, at its own discretion, immediately cease distributing the advertisements in whole or in part, even after the distribution of advertisements with respect to such submitted materials has commenced, without bearing any legal obligation to the Partner such as for breach of contract or compensation for damage:
(2) in the case of the Company, at its own discretion, determining that the distribution of submitted materials or related Redirect Links for advertising purposes would be inappropriate for societal reasons.
In such cases, the Partner shall not be relieved of its obligation to pay the usage fees borne in relation to such submitted materials.
9. Distribution of Advertisements Upon System Failure
The Company shall bear no responsibility for cases where the Company is unable to distribute scheduled advertisements or is unable to distribute advertisements appropriately due to (i) disaster, telecommunication issues or other force majeure events, third-party hacking or cracking, internet infrastructure failures or other server failures on the Partner’s side, or any other reason that cannot be attributed to the Company, or (ii) necessary measures taken by the Company in order to provide the Service, such as performing emergency system maintenance, checkups or maintenance.
10. LINE Tag
LINE Tag shall mean the code of the website provided by Company in order to measure the records of the visit and act of Company’s users within the websites operated and managed by any third parties. Partner shall comply with the guideline for the use of LINE Tag
when the Partner uses LINE Tag.
11. The Audience Data
The Partner may use a certain function which enables Partner to distribute its advertisement on the Service to the specific Company’s users (the “Audience Data Function”) by submitting the identifiers including Android Advertising ID and IDFA (the “Mobile Advertising ID”) and the contact information including but not limited to telephone number and e-mail address retained by the Partner (the “Contact Information”) and the records of the visit and act sent to Company by the LINE Tag or any third party’s tools (hereinafter collectively, the records of the visit and act, the Mobile Advertising ID and the Contact Information shall mean the “Audience Data”) on the condition that Partner shall pledge all of the followings;
(i) the number of the addresses to which the advertisement is distributed by designating the Audience Data shall be equal to, or more than the number set forth in the media guides separately provided by the Company;
(ii) when the Partner distributes the advertisement by designating the Contact Information, the Partner shall, at its responsibility, convert such Contact Information appropriately by the manner designated by the Company;
(iii) the Partner shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations and Distribution Guidelines, Etc., when the Partner uses the Service by using the Audience Data submitted or transmitted;
(iv) the Partner shall represent and warrant to the Company all of the followings when the Partner uses the Audience Data Function;
a. the Audience Data sent to Company shall be obtained, or have the third party tool provider obtained from the owner of such Audience Data in the legal manner including obtaining the consent of such owner; and
b. the Partner obtained the authorization from the owner of the Audience Data for the distribution of the advertisement by keying the Audience Data on the Service in the legal manner including the obtaining the consent from such owner;
(v) the Partner shall respect the opt-out made by the setting of mobile devices and blowers or any method provided by the Partner itself and shall warrant the Audience Data opted-out shall not be included in the Audience Data designated by the Partner. Additionally, if the Company determines that any Audience Data is opted-out by the setting of mobile devices and blowers or any method provided by the Company itself, the Partner hereby agrees that such Audience Data shall be excluded from the distribution of the advertisement using the Audience Data Function even if such Audience Data is included in the Audience Data designated by the Partner; and
(vi) the Partner hereby acknowledges that there may be case where the advertisement is unable to be distributed to the owner of the Audience Data and the advertisement is distributed to any person other than the owner of the Audience Data (such case includes but is not limited to the case when the Contact Information retained by the Partner is incorrect and there are discrepancies between the Contact Information retained by the Partner and the Contact Information retained by the Company) and agrees that the Company shall not assume any liabilities for any damages incurred by the Partner from such case.
12. Company's Exemption from Liability
(1) Attribute information used for targeting is calculated based on analysis of the Company’s users’ behavior using an original algorithm set by the Company, and the Company does not guarantee that the attribute information is accurately attributed to each user.
(2) The Company shall not, in any case, guarantee or bear responsibility in relation to: (a) the submitted materials and Redirect Links; (b) any acts by the Company’s users or any third parties in relation to submitted materials or Redirect Links; (c) proposal documents or any items provided or lent out by the Company to the Partners in relation to advertisement distribution (including, without limitation, advice, proposals, predictions, or any other information provided by the Company to the Partners), or any results of their use; or (d) the quality of submitted materials, its distribution location, and the accuracy of the targeting feature.
(3) Even when the advertisement distribution system is operating properly, there may be cases where advertisement content will not be correctly displayed or the users cannot be redirected to the Redirect Links by clicking, due to the user’s settings, the version of the app, or other settings and usage environment issues. The Company shall also bear no responsibility in such cases as well.
(4) The Company shall not assume any liabilities for the damages attributable to the Partner’s failure of the settings in relation to the distribution of the advertisement.
(5) The Company shall have the right to apply the currency exchange rate designated at the Company’s sole discretion at any time if there is a need to exchange currencies. The Partner shall not object to the designated currency exchange rate and even if the Partner incurs any damages or suffers any disadvantages from such currency exchange rate, the Company shall not have any liabilities to the Partner.
13. The Usage FeePayment
(1) The Company will calculate the usage fees for the Service at the end of each month and will, in principle, send an invoice to the Partner within the first ten (10) business days of the following month. The Partner shall pay the usage fees described on the invoice to the bank account designated by the Company by the end of month in which the Partner receives the invoice. The Partner shall bear any bank commissions imposed on such payment.
(2) The Company shall have the right to modify or adjust the overpaid amount or shortage amount by the way the Company deems appropriate including but not limited to by increasing or decreasing the usage fee (the usage fee shall include any and all payment by the Partner to the Company if the Partner uses otherthe services of the Company in addition to the Service) if the overpayment or shortage of the usage fee paid by the Partner to the Company is confirmed for the reason including but not limited to erroneous invoicing to the Partner due to the failure of the system of the Service. Such adjustment shall be made by the adjustment of the usage fee to be paid by the Partner to the Company for the following month of the month in which Company confirmed and notified to the Partner of the erroneous payment or thereafter. Company shall make commercially reasonable effort to find and notify the reason of such errors to the Partner and shall discuss in good faith with the Partner to solve the problem provided that Company shall not have any obligation to notify the reason to the Partner if it is infeasible or difficult for the Company to confirm and notify the Partner of the reason including but not limited to the case in which the reason of the error is infeasible to be confirmed unascertainable.
14. Handling of Data, etc.
(1) In the Service, the Partner’s advertisements will be displayed on the users’ Timeline, LINE NEWS, LINE Comics and/or advertisement slots provided by Company with respect to each country and area designated by the Company in the messages sent from the Partner’s or the Company’s LINE Official Account, etc.
(2) The Company may change the formality of the advertisement at any time including but limited to the period during which the advertisement is distributed, at the Company’s sole discretion, without any notice to the Partner.
(3) The Company will obtain and provide the Partner with the figured click counts, impression totals, completed views and other data related to results of the advertisement, in relation to advertisements distributed by the Partner (not including information which enables the Partner to identify an individual; hereinafter, “Provided Information”). With regard to Provided Information and advertisement identifier any and all information used within the Service (including but not limited to the distribution information, log information and the Audience Data), the Partner agrees that the Company may, at Company’s sole discretion, acquire and use the said information perpetually, without bearing any royalties, for the purpose of the offering of the Service, the measurement of the effect of the Service, the prevention of any fraudulent activity, enhancing the performance of the Service and/or improving the overall quality of the Service and other services provided by the Company.
15. Relationship Between the Basic Terms and Conditions and Media Guides
Enacted: February 1 , 2018