You must agree to these Terms in order to use LINE Out. If you are a minor, please obtain the consent from your legal guardian such as a person in parental authority to use the Service.
Please read the following important restrictions carefully before using LINE Out.
No Emergency Call Feature: LINE Out does not provide any means of calling emergency services such as fire departments, police, and emergency medical services. LINE Out is not a replacement for your mobile or landline telephone. Please make sure you have a mobile or landline telephone available when you need to call an emergency service.
Jurisdictional Restrictions: Please note that some countries may have restrictions on Internet telephony services such as LINE Out. You are responsible for complying with local laws and regulations. If you are not legally allowed to use LINE Out where you are, you shall not use LINE Out.
LINE Out Service
Calls to landlines and mobiles: With the restrictions set forth in these Terms, LINE Out allows you to directly dial a landline or mobile phone number to make a call using the LINE App on your mobile phone, with some exceptions such as toll-free calls. Please see the list of countries and regions where you are able to make calls using LINE Out
. To use LINE Out, your mobile phone must be connected to a broadband Internet connection. You are responsible for any fees required for broadband Internet connection, including roaming charges. Before using LINE Out, please check the broadband connection and roaming provided by your mobile carrier and other fees that may be charged thereof.
Software Requirements: LINE Out may not work on older versions of the LINE App. To use LINE Out, please always keep your LINE App updated to the latest version available.
Line Out License: LINE PLUS grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use LINE Out, provided you comply with these Terms. You may not modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, duplicate or distribute any software that LINE PLUS authorizes you to use for LINE Out.
LINE Out Fee
When using LINE Out, you may choose a prepaid plan of either (1) a 30-day plan, or (2) call credit or LINE Coin purchase (collectively as the “Call Credit/LINE Coin”).
30-day Plan: Under the 30-day plan, you may purchase a fixed number of minutes that can be used within a 30-day period to make calls to specific countries at a discounted rate. Calls are charged every minute (rounded up to the next minute) and the minutes are deducted from the remaining minutes of the 30-day plan purchased in advance. Any unused minutes at the end of the 30-day period will expire and cannot be rolled over into a following period. Please see this website for available 30-day plans. The 30-day plan can only be used for your personal and/or business purposes and cannot be shared with other individuals or business entity.
Call Credit/LINE Coin: When using Call Credit/LINE Coin, calls are charged every minute (rounded to the next minute) according to the applicable rate to the call destination and the minutes are deducted from the balance of Call Credit/LINE Coin purchased in advance. A call less than one minute will be rounded up and charged as one minute. Call rates vary depending on the destination of the call and are subject to change. Please see this website for the Call Credit/LINE Coin rates. When using LINE Coin, if the charge for the call is equivalent to an odd number of Call Credit, it will be rounded up to the next even number of Call Credit. Please see the detailed information on this website.
Rate Changes: LINE PLUS will post the 30-day plan and Call Credit rate per minute on this website, and update and notify you of any changes to the rates. The rate for the 30-day plan will remain valid for 30 days of the purchased plan. In case of subsequent purchase of the 30-day plan, the rate applicable at the time of subsequent purchase will remain valid for 30 days of the purchased plan. Changes in the Call Credit rate per minute will be effective upon notice. Please note that Call Credit rates are set in U.S. dollars, and the rates shown in other currencies are subject to exchange rate fluctuations. When you use LINE Out, you agree to the rate announced when you use the LINE Out. The rate per minute will be displayed on the dial pad when you make a call. Please confirm the rate per minute at the time of use when you decide to purchase or continue to purchase the 30-day plan or use the Call Credit for LINE Out.
Taxes: Where required by local tax law, LINE PLUS collects applicable local taxes such as VAT and other indirect taxes. Taxes are included in the LINE Out fee.
30-day Plan Fair Use Policy: LINE PLUS provides a fair use policy to prevent abuse of the 30-day plan to offer the plan at the lowest possible price. In the event of any of the followings, LINE PLUS reserves all rights to suspend or cancel your 30-day plan as a violation of the fair use policy:
• Using the 30-day plan for sales, marketing, advertising, solicitation, customer service, and/or other commercial purposes (excluding those approved by LINE PLUS);
• Reselling the 30-day plan;
• Sharing the minutes given under the 30-day plan with other individuals or business entities;
• Calling a number that can generate profits by simply making a call (not including personal business communication);
• Making a call in an abnormal pattern that is not considered to be normal personal use, such as a regular short call or multiple calls in a short period of time; and
• Other acts in which LINE PLUS reasonably determines to be illegal, prohibited, or abnormal acts based on reasonable grounds.
Payment Method: You can purchase a 30-day plan or Call Credit/LINE Coin. Depending on the residing country or region, you may purchase a 30-day plan or Call Credit/LINE Coin from the LINE Store website. To find out whether the LINE Store is available in your country, please visit this website.
Auto-renewal of 30-day Plan: If you choose to automatically renew the 30-day plan, a new 30-day plan will be automatically purchased upon the expiration of the 30-day plan. However, such auto-renewal is not available if LINE PLUS has already announced that it will no longer provide LINE Out at the time of purchase.
Call Credit Expiration: Call Credits purchased by residents of Japan through Google Play or the LINE Store will expire 180 days from the date of purchase. Call Credits will not be available for use after the date of its expiry
Call Credit Refund: LINE PLUS does not refund call credits; provided, this does not apply if the refund is required by law.
Account History Information
Purchase History: You may confirm the purchase history (purchased items, purchase date, purchase prices) in the LINE App (if purchased from the LINE Store, at the LINE Store website).
Usage History: You may confirm the usage history (call date and time, call history, call time) on your LINE App for a period reasonably determined by LINE PLUS.
Correction of Errors and Other Complaints: For incorrect account history or other inquiries regarding the LINE Out service, please contact LINE Customer Service in your LINE App.
You must file a request for a refund within 90 days from the date of the first error in your account history. If you fail to contact LINE Customer Service within 90 days, no refund will be made.
When using LINE Out, you must refrain from doing any of the following:
• Acts that violate any laws and regulations, court rulings, decisions or orders, or legally binding administrative measures;
• Acts that may harm public order or good manners and morals;
• Acts that violate the 30-Day Plan Fair Use Policy;
• Acts of impersonating LINE PLUS or a third party or intentionally spreading false information;
• Acts of soliciting sexual or obscene acts; acts aimed at meeting or dating strangers of opposite sex; acts aimed at harassing or slandering other users; and other acts of using this Service for purposes other than the intended purpose of use of the Service;
• Acts that may provide benefits to or otherwise cooperate with the Anti-Social Forces (criminal groups/individuals, corporate racketeers, and/or groups/individuals which have the potential for violence or social unrest)
• Acts that interfere with the servers and network systems of LINE PLUS and LINE Co., Ltd.; acts that illegally operate LINE Out using BOT, cheat tools, and other technical means; acts that intentionally use defects in LINE Out; acts of making unreasonable inquiries or requests to LINE PLUS such as repeating similar questions more than necessary; and other acts that interfere with the operation of LINE Out by LINE PLUS or the use of LINE Out by other customers; and
• Other acts that LINE PLUS reasonably deems inappropriate based on reasonable grounds.
Termination, suspension, and cancellation
Termination of LINE Out: You may terminate your LINE Out service at any time by deleting your LINE account. The account termination function is located at the very bottom of your LINE app’s “My Profile” menu.
Suspension or Cancellation by LINE PLUS: LINE PLUS may suspend or cancel your use of LINE Out at any time without recourse to the courts in the following cases:
• When you are in breach of these Terms;
• When LINE PLUS reasonably determines on reasonable grounds that you are using LINE Out in violation of law or infringing the rights of a third party;
• When LINE PLUS reasonably determines on reasonable grounds that you are using LINE Out fraudulently or that a third party is fraudulently using your LINE account;
• When it is necessary to comply with a request from a regulatory authority with a legal basis or a change in applicable laws and regulations or its interpretation (in such case, LINE PLUS may suspend or terminate the use immediately); and/or
• When LINE PLUS decides to suspend its service of LINE Out in your country or region (in such case, at least 30-days’ notice will be given).
LINE PLUS may warn you of your improper use before suspending or canceling your use of the LINE Out service.
Exclusion of Warranties, Indemnification
No Warranties: By agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that (i) you may not be able to use LINE Out due to your Internet broadband connection, mobile device and/or computer system, (ii) the service of LINE Out may be interrupted depending on the equipment or the level of bandwidth used by LINE PLUS, and (iii) Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Call quality may not be consistent due to the nature of VoIP calls, and the call charges may be incurred regardless of connection quality.
Disclaimer of Warranties: You expressly acknowledge and agree that you use LINE Out at your own risk and that you bear all risks with respect to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy, and outcomes. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, LINE Out is provided as-is without any warranty and LINE PLUS makes no warranty with respect to LINE Out, whether express, implied or statutory, including product eligibility, satisfactory quality, suitability for a particular purpose, accuracy, quiet enjoyment and no infringement of the rights of third parties. LINE PLUS does not guarantee that you will be able to use LINE Out without interruption, that there will be no obstacles, and that such obstacles will be repaired. No information or advice given by LINE PLUS to you verbally or in writing shall constitute a warranty.
Limitation of Liability: LINE PLUS shall not be liable for any indirect, special, accidental, consequential, or punitive damages, regardless of whether LINE PLUS or you could have predicted such damages and whether such damages are deemed contractual or tort liability, unless LINE PLUS has committed intentional or gross negligence. LINE PLUS’s compensation for ordinary damages due to breach of contract or tort liability (excluding intentional or gross negligence of LINE PLUS) is limited to the amount of payment received from you in the month in which such damages occurred.
Compensation: You shall indemnify, defend and hold LINE PLUS and its affiliates, officers, employees, subcontractors and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, damage, loss, liability and expense (including attorney’s fees) arising out of the breach by you of these Terms or your use of LINE Out, and shall compensate for any damage and loss suffered by LINE PLUS and its affiliates, officers, employees, subcontractors and agents.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction: These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan without regard to the conflict of law principles thereof, as permitted by applicable laws. Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of Tokyo District Court as the first trial, as permitted by applicable laws.
Relationship between these Terms and Applicable Laws: Should any provisions of these Terms be determined to violate or contravene any law such as the Consumer Contract Act and other laws and regulations applicable to the contract between you and LINE PLUS for this Service, such provisions shall be deemed not applicable to the contract between you and LINE PLUS to such extent; provided, even in such case, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein shall not be in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
Entire Agreement: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and LINE PLUS with respect to LINE Out, and supersede any prior communications, offers, agreements and statements. If certain provisions contained herein shall be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the remaining provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect. These Terms may be modified or amended only as provided herein.
Last Modified: 09/07/2021