2. Except when prescribed by the Company and in the manner prescribed thereby, the Installer shall not change, alter, duplicate, redistribute, create derivative works, or perform any other action on LINE Tags.
3. The Installer shall not use the Service for sending information from LINE Tags to the Company other than using the means or methods prescribed thereby.
4. The Installer shall not install any LINE Tags on an External Website that falls under the following. The Company has the right to make final decisions over whether an External Website falls under the following.
a. External Websites that include excessively violent or explicitly sexual expressions, expressions that could lead to discrimination based on race, nationality, religion, gender, social status or family lineage, expressions that evoke or promote suicide, self-injurious behavior, drug abuse, or any other anti-social expressions;
b. External Websites dedicated to meeting or dating previously unknown persons;
c. External Websites that unlawfully acquire personal information or private information;
d. External Websites that are generally deemed to be spam sites, such as those that only contain affiliate-related content, those that exist in order to lead visitors to a specific website, web scraping sites, or those that contain word salad;
e. External Websites that perform actions that infringe on copyrights, trademarks, patents or any other intellectual property rights, rights to reputation, privacy rights, or any other rights granted by the law or contract of the Company or third parties; and
f. External Websites that the Company otherwise deems inappropriate.
5. The Installer shall not use the Service in a state that may mislead visitors to believe that the Company officially endorses or supports the External Website.
6. The Company may acquire the following information from External Websites that use the Service:
・date and time that a User visited an External Website on which a LINE Tag has been installed using a browser;
・URL information and page title of an External Website on which a LINE Tag has been installed, as well as referral source URL information (referrer information);
・additional information, such as the site category, set for the External Website on which a LINE Tag has been installed;
・information on devices or browsers, such as user agents and IP addresses, that is used to visit an External Website; and
・the Company’s unique identifiers added to the browser.
・the user's phone numbers and email addresses (the "Installer's Contact Information").
The Installer's Contact Information will be converted (hashed) before it is sent to the Company. The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused to the Installer as a result of such conversion.
Regardless of the purpose of use as stated in Paragraph 7, the Company will use the converted Installer's Contact Information only for the purpose of matching the data held by the Company and delete it after the matching process is complete.
7. The Company will use the received data for the following purposes:
・measuring the effect of the Company’s ad products and disclosing statistical data to the Installer;
・distributing the Installer’s ads in advertising products provided by the Company based on the Users’ visits and behavior on the External Website a LINE Tag has been installed;
・preventing misconduct that interferes with proper service provision; and
・improving targeting precision and optimizing the ad distribution system for the Company’s ad products.
(1) When using a third-party (including the Company) ad distribution service, information such as Users’ visits and behavior as outlined in Paragraph 6 may be collected by such third party from the External Website managed by the Installer on which a LINE Tag has been installed using cookies or other technology, and may be used for the purposes outlined in Paragraph 7.
(2) Users can refuse having their collected visits and behavior used in future for ad distributions by using the opt-out procedure provided by the third party who provides ad distribution service.
(3) Provide a link to the procedure for opting out.
The Installer shall also bear responsibility for installing measures for providing considerations to Users as otherwise required by applicable laws and industry standards when using the Service.
Latest Revised: November 16, 2020
Installers shall make inquiries regarding the Service to the Company through the contact form.