Effective 24 February 2021
What Information We Collect
1. Information About User
We may collect information about you and your order relevant to the Services. For example, sender’s name, sender’s phone number, recipient’s name, recipient’s address, recipient’s phone number, items, shop information, delivery location address and order history, email address, payment type, bank account details (account holder name, account number, bank name). This information allows us to improve the Services and provide additional features and functionality.
If you are a user of LINE TAXI Driver Application or LINE MAN Rider Application, the personal data we collect from you includes the information you provide to us as part of your registration for the Services and information on your use of the Services, such as name and surname, phone number, email address, financial information (e.g., bank account details (account holder name, account number, bank name), profile picture, license plate, vehicle registration information, color and model of vehicle, national ID numbers and picture on your national ID card, ID numbers and picture on your driving license, history of your delivery services provided through the Services, interactions and communications via the Services between you and customers (e.g., chats, messages), any of your activities via the Services, including questions, comments, responses, orders or requests.
If you are a user of LINE MAN TAXI Website, we may collect information about the company or organization you work for, your personal details and contact details (e.g., name and surname, phone number, email, job position in the company or organization you work for), and information on your use of LINE MAN TAXI Website, such as, the requests for LINE MAN Taxi service which you submit via LINE MAN TAXI Website on behalf of your clients.
Where you provide us with personal data of other persons, you are responsible for informing your clients about the Services and the associated data collection, use, disclosure and/or transfer to overseas prior to submission of those persons' personal data to us, obtaining their consents or relying on other applicable legal basis as exception to consent, and advising them of this Policy. For example, for LINE MAN TAXI Website, we may also collect information about your clients, such as your client's name, your client's telephone number and your client's designated destination.
2. Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services such as: access time; device ID or other unique identifier; IP address; mac address; language information; device name and model; locale and timezone; geo-location data; carrier provider; operating system information; your activities within the Services; and the length of time that you are logged in. And we may automatically collect information about your LINE: internal identifier; display name; profile. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you.
3. Information We Receive from Third Parties
In order to provide you with an optimized service, we may receive information from third parties. Upon receipt thereof, there are cases where information is received from partners operating their specific services and where information is received from partners operating services linked to the Services. If you use any service linked to a third party, we may automatically issue an internal identifier to associate your personal data with such service, and share the same with such third party. For example:
For Payment Information [OPTIONAL], if you choose to make a purchase on the Services via debit/credit card, we may engage a third party service provider to collect and process your debit/credit card information. We may receive your debit/credit card information (e.g. credit card brand and type of card but not including your debit/credit card number or CVV) from a third party service provider. We will use your debit/credit card information to process your purchase and we may use your debit/credit card information to send you promotions related to your debit/credit card brand and type of card to communicate with you about the Services, or other matters that we believes will be of interest to you. Please note that we will not retain your debit/credit card information beyond the period necessary to facilitate the relevant payment. Your debit/credit card settlement will be handled by appropriate third party payment agencies.
Please note that if you change your mind later and decide you no longer wish to provide your debit/credit card information or receive relevant promotions, you can at any time remove your debit/credit card in the “More” > “My Payment Methods” menu in LINE MAN application.
How We Use Information We Collect
In general, we use the information we collect from and about you to provide and operate the Services, to fulfill our contractual obligation with you, respond to your requests, communicate with you, to provide customer service and technical support, and offer you the promotions from us and/or from our affiliates and business partners. We may also use information:
• To tailor the information that we may send or display to you, offer location customization, send you push notifications and alerts, order again, recommend an item, and/or to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
• To deliver targeted marketing, targeted advertising, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
• To send you notices, order confirmation and communication.
• To verify your identity and prevent spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
• To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and/or for other research and analytical purposes.
• To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
• As necessary to meet responsibilities we have to our regulators, tax officials, law enforcement, or otherwise meet our legal obligations.
• As necessary for our legitimate interests or legitimate interests of any other person or legal person.
• For preventing or suppressing a danger to a person’s life, body or health.
• As necessary for the performance of a task we carried out in the public interest, or it is necessary for the exercising of official authority vested in us.
• For the achievement of the purpose relating to the preparation of the historical documents or the archives for public interest, or for the purpose relating to research or statistics with appropriate security measure.
If you do not provide your information to us, we may not be able to facilitate, communicate or provide some or all of our Services to you.
How We Share Information
We may disclose and/or transfer your information to the following parties within Thailand and/or to overseas, which such destination countries may or may not have an adequate data protection standard similar to Thailand.
1. Our Affiliates and Subsidiaries
We may disclose the information we collect to our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes under this Policy.
2. Service Providers
We may disclose the information we collect to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
3. Business Transfers
We may transfer the information we have collected to another company in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
4. Third Parties and Partners
We may share the information with our third party partners, including advertisers and researchers. For example, if you post content that mentions one of our advertisers, we may share that content with them. Or, we may work with a researcher to analyze the content on a particular feed.
Other than as described in this Policy, we will not provide your information to any third parties without your consent, unless we believe in good faith that we are required or permitted to do so under applicable laws, except for cases where you use services linked to a third party, or other cases where the minimum information necessary for partners to identify users is provided.
5. In Response to Legal Process
We also may disclose the information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process. For example, we may share your IP address or other identifier, your location information, or any other information we have collected about you and your device.
6. To Protect Us and Others
We also may disclose information if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which LINE MAN is involved.
7. Aggregate and De-Identified Information
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
8. Other Users
As part of the Services, we may make your personal data available to other users. For example, if you are a passenger, we may provide your pick up point and designated destination to the taxi driver who is a user of LINE MAN Taxi Application.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information
We generally only keep your information to the extent necessary for the performance of our Services and/or obligations and for as long as is reasonably required for the purposes explained in this Policy or as required by applicable data protection laws. We will also retain information if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of dispute/litigation to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
Minors and Children
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of majority under applicable laws, and we do not knowingly collect, use, and/or disclose personal information of children under the age of majority under applicable laws without obtaining parental consent.
If we are aware that personal information of children under the age of majority under applicable laws has been collected, used, and/or disclosed on the Service without parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete or anonymize this information unless there is legal ground for us for the collection, use, and/or disclosure.
Where you are a passenger using LINE MAN Application for taxi service, we are not in any way involved with or responsible for installation, operation, or use of in-car camera, which is solely within the responsibility of each taxi driver providing taxi service to you. LINE MAN does not collect, use or disclose any personal data obtained via recordings of such in-car camera. If you have any question, you should request more information on the use of in-car camera from the taxi driver directly.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer when visiting a website. This text file stores information that can be read by the website when visiting it again at a later date. Some of these cookies are necessary because otherwise the site is unable to function properly. Other cookies are convenient for the visitor: they remember your username in a secure way as well as your language preferences, for example. Cookies mean that you do not need to fill out the same information each time you visit a website.
• To help us maintain your session when you use Services and/or any additional services.
• To enhance security of our systems.
• To store your preferences and provide customized services to you.
• To help us understand how people use Services and to improve them.
Most Internet browsers allow you to control whether or not to accept cookies. If, however, you deactivate cookies or limit the ability to set cookies, you may not be able to obtain the full benefit of the Website or access all of its functions, which may limit your overall user experience.
We may send push notifications or alerts to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device or by changing your LINEMAN settings.
Third Party Analytics
We may use automated devices and applications, included those offered by third parties to evaluate usage of our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. The information collected may include unique device identifiers, device manufacturer and operating system, IP address, mac address, location, browser type, session start/stop time and user activity.
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites.
Subject to applicable laws, you may have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
• You have right to withdraw consent for collection, use, or disclosure of your information that is based on your consent at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to facilitate, communicate or provide some or all of our Services to you;
• You can request access to, obtain a copy, of your information that we hold about you;
• You can request us to rectify your information to be accurate, up-to-date, complete, and not misleading or for the disclosure of the acquisition of your information that is obtained without your consent;
• You have a right to request us to provide your information or transmit that information to another organization;
• You have a right to object to us or restrict us from collecting, using, or disclosing your information in certain circumstances;
• You have a right to request us to erase or destroy or anonymize your information in certain circumstances as applicable with law;
• You have right to lodge a complaint with the competent public authority if you believe that we have not complied with law.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us per the details below.
If you want to exercise any of the rights as permitted by applicable laws set out above, have any questions about the privacy aspects of our Services, comments, concerns or would like to make a complaint about this Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our Contact Form email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time and will notify you of such change. Where applicable and required, we will ask for your consent for any change that your consent is needed.