User Information Collected by Company
When the User creates a LINE Pay account for the use of the Services, accesses any of the Services or conducts any transaction through the Services, the Company may require the User to provide his/her name, date of birth, password, nationality, identification number, telephone number, email address, transaction information relating to his/her use of the Services (including, without limitation, the User's transaction(s) with other Users, credit card information), and/or other personal information that is required to provide the Services and may directly or indirectly identify the identity of the User (collectively, the "Personal Information").
When the User with a LINE Pay account elects to make a payment through the Services by credit card, the Company will acquire the User's credit card information in order to process the payments, and provide the User's credit card information and other Personal Information to the entities that are required to process the payment made via the credit card.
When the User without a LINE Pay account makes a payment through the Services by credit card, the Company will collect the User’s credit card information (credit card number, expiration date, CVC) and/or telephone number to complete the purchase that the User has chosen to make.
The User may decide whether or not to submit any Personal Information required by the Company. The User should ensure that all Personal Information submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on the User’s part to do so may result in our inability to provide the User with the Services the User has requested.
The User acknowledges and agrees that the Company may conduct a merger, spin-off, business transfer or any other transaction, whereby the Personal Information that the Company collected from the User may be transferred to a third party.
If Personal Information is provided by LINE Corporation to the Company with the User's consent, and such Personal Information is not consistent with existing Personal Information that the Company currently possesses about the User, the Company may in its sole discretion replace or correct its existing records using the newly acquired information from LINE Corporation for consistency.
Use of the Services
To provide the best possible Services to the User, as well as for maintenance and security purposes, Cookies will be used to store the User’s settings, to record access figures as well as monitoring usage patterns and statistics. The User can choose to deactivate Cookies, however in such circumstances the User will not be able to use parts of the Services which require Cookies to be active such as those requiring the User to login.
Upon the User’s access to the Services, the User's IP address, browser type, and browser language etc., will be automatically obtained and stored on the platform of LINE Pay (the "Platform"). Such information will be used to analyze User environments, thereby enabling the Company to provide better Services, as well as to prevent any unauthorized/fraudulent practices that may interfere with normal Services operations.
• Device Information
The Company may obtain the User’s device information (such as operation system type, version, etc.) via the Services at all times. Where permitted under the Act, such information shall be used for the provision of better Services, as well as for identification purposes and prevention of any unauthorized/fraudulent practices that may interfere with normal Services operations.
Purpose for Collection, Use and Disclosure of User Information
The Company may collect, use and disclose the User’s Personal Information for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
• to prevent any unauthorized/fraudulent use of the Services;
• to offer undisturbed and smooth Services to the User (including, without limitation, software upgrades and improvements of the Services);
• to aggregate statistical data regarding the Services;
• to conduct research and analysis aimed at reviewing and improving Services;
• to enable the Company to deal effectively with the User’s inquiries;
• to provide information regarding new future developments regarding the Services;
• to perform identity checks when a User makes an inquiry or gives an instruction to the Company;
• to provide Customer Services to the User (including, without limitation, processing claims relating to purchased items and the Services);
• to notify the User of any other important information regarding the Services and to contact the User where necessary;
• to provide relevant information to platform providers for their refund, cancellation, or payment purposes with regard to the User’s purchase of goods and services via the Services;
• to prevent, detect and investigate crime and analyse and manage commercial risks and conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
• in connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing the Company’s contractual and legal rights and obligations;
• to meet or comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on the Company (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); and/or
• to conduct any other activities that are required to provide the Services.
In addition, where permitted under the Act, the Company may collect, use and disclose Personal Information for the following additional purposes:
• to provide information regarding the Services as well as advertising information from LINE Group Members, which include the affiliates and subsidiaries of LINE Corporation;
• to provide or market services, products and benefits to you, including but not limited to special events and promotions from the Company;
• matching Personal Information with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of products and services by the Company;
• administering and organising contests, lucky draws, promotional events, competitions and marketing campaigns, and personalising the User’s experience at the Company’s touchpoints;
• conducting market research, analytics and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer preferences and demographics for us to offer the User products and services as well as special offers and marketing programmes which may be relevant to the User’s preferences and profile; and/or
• any other purpose reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In addition, the Company may entrust, to the extent the Company considers necessary to achieve the intended purpose concerning the use of the Services, the handling of the Personal Information collected from the User, in whole or in part, to a third party contractor (the "Outsourced Contractor") to provide the Services hereunder. In such circumstances, the Company will take steps to ensure that the Outsourced Contractor abides by the Act, including by adequately assessing the qualifications and eligibility of the Outsourced Contractor, stipulating a confidentiality clause in the relevant agreement with the Outsourced Contractor, and establishing an appropriate information administration system.
Shared Use of Information
During the period when the User uses the Services, the User's Personal Information may be processed and used in the form(s) of printed documents and/or electronic files or otherwise by the Company, the LINE Group Members, and/or the Outsourced Contractors within and/or outside Singapore.
The User may, at any time, confirm, supplement or correct his or her registered Personal Information on the Services. The User can also deactivate his or her accounts for LINE Pay according to the Terms and Conditions of the User.
When the User requests access to his or her Personal Information (including copies of his or her Personal information) that the User is unable to confirm/access through the Services, the Company may charge the User a fee for the disclosure procedures. The User can choose freely whether or not they will provide the Company with his or her Personal Information, however the User may be unable to use a part of the Services until they have provided the Company with the necessary information.
Withdrawal from the Services
If the User withdraws his or her consent to any or all use of his or her Personal Information, depending on the nature of the request, the Company may not be in a position to continue to provide its Services to the User, administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may also result in the termination of any agreements with the Company, and the User being in breach of his or her contractual obligations or undertakings. The Company’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
A Special Note about Personal Information of Minors
Minors who lack the legal capacity to contract under any applicable laws shall not set up a personal account on the Platform to use the Services.