Article 1. Application of these Terms of Service
Article 2. Application for Use, Authentication, Rejection of Authentication and Cancellation
1. A customer, whether an individual or a corporation, shall be provided with an account (each, an “Account”) for the use of a LINE Official Account by applying to use a LINE Official Account via the method designated by the Company.
2. A customer shall only apply to use a LINE Official Account after having recognized that the customer will be required to provide consent to the “Agreement Regarding Use of Information” (https://terms2.line.me/usage_of_information_jp) upon starting use of the LINE Official Account, and the LINE Official Account cannot be used unless the customer provides consent thereto.
3. When customers have applied for the use of a LINE Official Account via the method prescribed by the Company and have obtained the Company’s approval, such customer’s Account may be authenticated by the Company (an Account authenticated by the Company is a “Verified Account”).
4. The Company may consider an Accounts that has satisfied certain standards stipulated by the Company to be a premium Account (each, a “Premium Account”). The Company shall not be obligated to disclose the standards that allow for Accounts to become Premium Accounts.
5. If the Company determines that the customer falls under any of the following items, it may reject such customer's application for a Verified Account, or cancel the authentication of a Verified Account or Premium Account of such customer.
(1) The customer has provided the Company with false information;
(2) The examination standards prescribed by the Company (and not required to be disclosed by the Company) have not been satisfied; or
(3) The Company considers it inappropriate for the customer to make use of a LINE Official Account for other reasons.
6. The Company may provide customers with Additional Service(s) for LINE Official Account for free or for charge. Customers may use Additional Services by consenting to the Individual Agreement regarding such Additional Services regulated by the Company and applying for the use of Additional Services via the method designated by the Company.
Article 3. Modification of these Terms
The Company may modify these Terms and the contents of the services, etc. provided by a LINE Official Account in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations when modification becomes necessary. In such case, the Company will indicate the contents of the modified version of these Terms, as well as the effective date of the modification, on LINE Official Account or on the Company’s website, or will publicize the same to customers by notifying customers in the manner prescribed by the Company. The modified version of these Terms shall become effective as of the effective date thereof.
Article 4. Period of Use
1. The initial usage term for the LINE Official Account shall be from the date when the customer’s usage application is completed until the end of the month in which such date is included. Unless the customer deletes the Account by no later than the expiration of the period of use, the period of use shall be automatically extended for another one (1) month, and the same shall apply thereafter.
2. When a customer purchases a LINE Official Account paid plan, the initial usage term for the LINE Official Account shall be from the date when the customer’s purchase application is completed until the end of the month in which such date is included. Unless the customer applies to the Company to cancel the paid plan by the method prescribed by the Company by no later than the expiration of the period of use, the period of use shall be automatically extended for another one (1) month, and the same shall apply thereafter.
Article 5. Use Fees
1. The Company shall determine the contents, use fees, and payment due date, etc. for the paid plan, and shall provide customers with an announcement or notification to such effect. Customers are requested to confirm the same upon applying for the paid plan.
2. The Company may change or make additions to the paid plans by providing customers with an announcement or notification to such effect.
3. When customers desire an upgrade to another plan, such customers shall apply for the same via the method designated by the Company. Such upgrade shall be applied on the day upon which the Company receives such application. The upgraded plan’s monthly use fees and number of messages that can be sent in the month in which the upgrade is applied shall be governed by the upgraded plan, and such fees shall not be computed on a per diem basis. The scope of the plan changes considered as upgrades shall be the plan changes publicized or notified by the Company.
4. When customers desire a downgrade to another plan, such customers shall apply for the same via the method designated by the Company. Such downgrade shall be applied on the 1st day of the month following the date upon which the Company receives such application. The scope of the plan changes considered as downgrades shall be the plan changes publicized or notified by the Company.
5. Even when customers cancel a LINE Official Account paid plan within a given month, such customers shall pay the entire monthly use fees that are applicable to such month, and such fees shall not be computed on a per diem basis. In addition, even when a LINE Official Account has been cancelled, no usage fees already paid by customers shall be refunded by the Company.
6. When paying usage fees to the Company, if consumption taxes are to be imposed on such payment subject to the provisions of the Consumption Tax Act and related laws and regulations, customers shall pay such amounts equivalent to the applicable consumption taxes together with the usage fees.
7. If any fraction of less than JPY 1 has accrued in the computation of the pre-tax usage fees or other computations, the Company shall round such fraction off. When computing the tax inclusive amount of usage fees, the Company shall round off the usage fees including applicable tax to the closest whole number.
8. If the customer delays in paying the LINE Official Account usage fees, the contractual relationship between the Company and such customer based on these Terms shall be automatically terminated. Even if any damage is caused to a customer arising from such termination, the Company shall not assume any responsibility for such damage to such customer. In addition, such customer shall pay the Company delinquency charges at the rate of 14.6% per annum (computed on a daily basis) for the unpaid amounts during the relevant overdue period.
Article 6. Account
1. The customer shall strictly manage passwords for the Account at its own responsibility to ensure that the same will not be used in an unauthorized manner. When the customer’s registered password is used in order to use LINE Official Account, the Company will provide LINE Official Account by assuming the same to be an act of the customer.
2. If a customer so desires, the Company may provide assistance with such customer’s operation of its Account within a reasonable scope. In such case, the Company may access and operate the Account within the scope necessary for providing such assistance.
3. Customers may grant a third party or parties with the authority necessary to operate the Account and may consign operation of the same to such third party or parties.
4. The Company may assign affiliated countries and regions to an Account and may change the affiliated countries and regions based on the Company’s standards (with the Company not being required to disclose such standards). The customer may not change the affiliated countries and regions with respect to the Account. These Terms and the fee plans based on the affiliated countries and regions related to the Accounts shall apply to the customer. The contents of these Terms and fee plans may differ depending on the affiliated country and region.
5. Corporate customers may apply to use an Account for companies affiliated with such corporate customer (meaning subsidiaries or parent companies of, or companies affiliated with, the customer, collectively, “Affiliated Companies”) and allow such Affiliated Companies to use the same. In such case, the customer shall assume responsibility for causing such Affiliated Companies to comply with the provisions of these Terms and to perform the obligations under these Terms. The Company shall consider actions by such Affiliated Companies to have been undertaken by the relevant customer.
6. The customer shall declare or register the country or region in which the customer is located in accordance with the method specified by the Company. The Company may use the information, etc. (including, but not limited to, information that the customer register when using the LINE Official Account) provided by the customer to perform the registration process for the country or region in which the customer is located based on the Company’s criteria (the Company is under no obligation to disclose such criteria).
7. In the case where an agreement related to the use of a LINE Official Account has been canceled or terminated, or the provision of a LINE Official Account has been terminated, the Company may delete information related to the relevant Account and the contents distributed via the Account (meaning information or contents that the customer transmits or allows to be accessible by any LINE users (“Users”) through use of the LINE Official Account, and including, without limitation, the Account’s icons, profile information, as well as texts, images and videos transmitted by the customer; collectively, “Contents”) at the Company’s discretion, and customer shall consent thereto.
8. The customer hereby consents that the Company may delete any Contents after two (2) years have passed since the Customer distributed the same.
Article 7. Contents
1. The customer represents and warrants the following to the Company:
(1) The Contents shall not infringe upon any third-party rights (including, without limitation, copyrights, moral rights of the author, patent rights, trademark rights, design rights, utility model rights, trade secrets, honor rights, portrait rights, privacy rights and publicity rights).
(2) The Contents shall not contain any information that may be contrary to public policy (including, without limitation, excessively violent content and explicitly sexual content), laws, regulations, or these Terms.
(3) If any URL links are to be contained in the Contents, they shall be limited to those that are recognizable by Users as those which the customer may aggregate the access status of, or the customer shall take necessary measures so that Users will be able to recognize the same.
2. If any information related to third parties is to be included in the Contents, such Contents shall contain statements to ensure that Users will not understand that such information has been provided by such third parties themselves (including, without limitation, by expressly indicating the source of the information or the fact that such information has not been provided by such third parties).
3. The customer hereby consents that the Company may confirm the contents of any Contents for the purpose of ensuring appropriate operation of the LINE Official Account. In the case that the Company determines that inappropriate information is contained in the Contents, the Company shall be permitted to choose not to distribute such Contents and may delete the same.
4. In the case that a court, an investigating authority or other public institution has requested, the Company may disclose or provide Contents thereto, and if the Company determines such request to be reasonable, the Company may disclose or provide such Content without obtaining the consent of customer.
5. Intellectual property rights, including copyrights to the Contents, shall belong to the customer; provided, however, that the Company shall not be obligated to provide any protection to such intellectual property rights of customers.
6. The Company may use the Account, the Contents and information related to the results and conditions of use, etc. capable of being used on the LINE Official Account (including information registered by the customer in using the LINE Official Account, limited, however, to information which does not conflict with protecting the privacy of communications) in order to prevent any unauthorized use thereof, and to provide, develop, improve and promote the utilization of the Company’s services, including the LINE Official Account, the distribution of ads, and the conducting of promotional activities, and the customer hereby consents thereto in advance (including agreeing not to exercise any moral rights against the Company).
7. The Company may store the Contents in the Company’s servers. The Company shall not assume any obligation for the storage of the Contents. In the case that the customer considers it necessary to store the Content, such customer shall do so at their own responsibility and expense.
Article 8. Handling of Information by Customers
1. The Account and any and all information obtained from Users through the use of the Account (including, without limitation, Users’ names, LINE IDs, images for icons, status messages and images; collectively, “User Information”) shall belong to the Company; provided, however, that the same shall not apply to any User’s information directly obtained by customers from Users through use of the LINE Official Account or information collected by customer via links outside the LINE Official Account.
2. The customer may only collect and use User Information within the scope necessary for the administration of such customer’s Account, and the customer shall not, without prior written permission (including permission granted via email) from the Company, disclose, provide or leak the same to any third parties, and shall not reuse the same for purposes other than the purpose of administering such Account.
3. In the event that the customer provide the Company with any personally referable information (including, but not limited to, mobile advertising IDs, phone numbers, email addresses, and internal identifiers of Users issued by the Company and the same shall apply hereinafter in this section.), the customer must acknowledge in advance that the Company will handle the information the customer provide in the following manner:
(2) The Company shall only check the personally referable information which the customer provided against the personal information for which the Company has obtained prior consent from the principalto allow such check and use under the preceding Article 8, Section 3(1), and use such personally referable information; and
(3) The Company shall not acquire as personal data any personally referable information that the Company was unable to check as described in Article 8, Section 3(1), and delete such personally referable information.
4. The customer shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws, ordinances and guidelines regarding the handling of information related to the use of the LINE Official Account, such as obtaining prior consent of the principal when the information provided to the Company includes personal information.
5. In the case where an agreement related to the use of a LINE Official Account has been canceled or terminated, or the provision of such LINE Official Account has been terminated, the customer shall immediately dispose of all User Information.
Article 9. Duty to Report
If the customer has changed its trade name, appellation, person in charge, email address, domicile address or other contact information registered with a LINE Official Account, the customer shall immediately report such change via the method prescribed by the Company. If the aforementioned information has been reported, the Company may request such customer to submit data evidencing such change, and such customer shall respond thereto.
Article 10. Customer Responsibility
1. If a third party makes complaints or claims, or files a suit, etc., against the Company due to a customer’s use of a LINE Official Account, such customer shall respond thereto at the customer’s own responsibility and expense and shall not cause any difficulties to the Company regarding such matter.
2. The customer shall immediately compensate the Company for any damage (including any attorneys’ fees incurred) caused to the Company arising from a customer’s use of a LINE Official Account pursuant to the laws and regulations.
Article 11. Deletion of LINE Official Account
1. The customer may delete its LINE Official Account at any time.
2. When a customer proceeds with the deletion procedure of the LINE Official Account, such customer shall immediately lose the right to use the LINE Official Account, except for the following forms of usage:
(1) logging into the administration menu of the LINE Official Account;
(2) using the demographic information with respect to the LINE Official Account through the administration menu of the LINE Official Account; and
(3) using the payment function for the LINE Official Account through the administration menu of the LINE Official Account.
3. The right to use the LINE Official Account in the preceding article shall survive for a certain period after the customer proceeds with the deletion procedures.
4. Notwithstanding the preceding article or Article 5, Section 8, if there is remaining usage fee for the LINE Official Account not yet paid by the Customer, the right to use the LINE Official Account under Article 11, Section 2 shall survive until the Company confirms such amount is paid to the Company, even if the customer purports to delete the LINE Official Account.
Article 12. Handling of Customer Information
3. A customer may request the Company to disclose, revise, add and/or delete any personal information collected by the Company from such customer; provided, however, that such disclosure, revision, addition and/or deletion shall be subject to procedures separately regulated by the Company, and separate charges may be required. Please contact the Company here (https://contact-cc.line.me/detailId/10078) for inquiries related to such disclosure, revision, addition and/or deletion, or for any complaints.
Article 13. Consignment and Business Alliance
1. The Company may consign the provision of LINE Official Account services in part to the group companies of the Company or to other third parties.
2. The Company may provide business partners and other third parties with information regarding customers on LINE Official Accounts (excluding personal information) in order to provide business partners and websites, apps, etc. of other third parties with LINE Official Account functions. Therefore, the customer’s links to LINE Official Accounts, etc. may be posted on the sites of business partners or other third parties. Moreover, the Company may post URLs of websites that include customer information at business partners, and establish links to such websites, etc. in the account pages of such customer.
Article 14. Suspension, Change, and Termination of Services
1. The Company may temporarily suspend the provision of the LINE Official Account services in the event of any of the following items being applicable. Even if the Company temporarily suspends a LINE Official Account, the Company shall not assume any responsibility to customers therefor.
(1) When conducting maintenance, inspection, or the like on facilities or equipment necessary for the provision of the LINE Official Account regularly or in the case of an emergency;
(2) In the case of a failure, breakdown, or the like occurring to facilities or equipment used to provide the LINE Official Account;
(3) In the case of the use of telecommunications services becoming impossible due to services provided by telecommunications carriers;
(4) In the case that it is difficult to provide the LINE Official Account due to blackout, fire, earthquake, labor dispute, or other forms of force majeure; or
(5) In the case that there are reasonable operational or technical reasons with respect to the LINE Official Account.
2. The Company may change or cease the operation of the LINE Official Account in whole or in part by providing customers with an announcement or notification to such effect. Even if the Company has changed or ceased the operation of the LINE Official Account in whole or in part, the Company shall not assume any responsibility therefor to customers.
Article 15. No Warranty
The Company provides no warranty, either explicitly or implicitly, with respect to the LINE Official Account, that there are no defects (including, without limitation, defects in security, etc., errors, bugs, and infringement of rights, etc.), and as to the safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness and fitness for a particular purpose of the LINE Official Account. The Company will in no way be responsible for having to provide customers with the LINE Official Account after deleting such defects.
Article 16. Damage
1. If a customer breaches these Terms and causes damage to the Company (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees), such customer shall immediately compensate the Company for such damage.
2. If a customer receives complaints, assertions, demands, claims, objections, etc. (collectively, “Complaints”) from a third party, including any LINE Official Account User, in relation to the LINE Official Account, alleging that rights of such third party have been infringed, such customer shall process and resolve such Complaints at their own cost and responsibility. If damage has been incurred by the Company in relation to such Complaints, the relevant customer shall immediately compensate the Company for all such damage. In addition, if the Company has processed and resolved such Complaints on behalf of the customer, all costs required for such processing and resolution shall be borne by the customer.
3. If a customer intends to induce Users to use external services through the use of a LINE Official Account, Users may not be able to use such external services for technical or other reasons. Additionally, such customer may, due to such inducement, receive complaints from Users, disadvantageous responses from platformers (such as Apple Inc. or Google LLC), or other disadvantages (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Disadvantages”). If a customer induces Users to use external services, this shall be at the responsibility of such customer based on the recognition of the aforementioned possibility, and the Company shall not assume any responsibility if a situation arises where it is impossible to use such external services or if there are any Disadvantages.
4. The Company will not be liable for any damage incurred by customers from the use of a LINE Official Account, unless such damage is attributable to the intentional or grossly negligent acts of the Company; provided, however, that, in the case that the agreement between the customer and the Company with respect to the use of a LINE Official Account falls under a consumer contract as defined under the Consumer Contract Act (a “Consumer Contract”), the Company will be responsible for providing compensation for the damage arising due to negligence on the part of the Company (excluding gross negligence) arising from contract or tort, but only within the range of (a) the damage which is normally incurred, and (b) the amount of use fees received from such customer for the paid plan for the month in which such damage has been incurred, at the maximum.
5. If a customer incurs damage as a result of gross negligence on the part of the Company, and if the agreement between such customer and the Company with respect to a LINE Official Account does not fall under a Consumer Contract, the Company will be responsible for providing compensation for the damage incurred, but only within the range of (a) the damage which is normally incurred, and (b) the amount of use fees received from such customer for the paid plan for the month in which such damage has been incurred, at the maximum.
Article 17. Restrictions Regarding Use of Accounts
Even after a customer commences using a LINE Official Account based on Article 1 of these Terms, if the Company deems that any of the following items is applicable to such customer, the Company may restrict use of the LINE Official Account by such customer, such as by not allowing such customer to use the LINE Official Account or suspending such use. The following are illustrative and non-limiting examples, and even if such customer makes an inquiry to the Company regarding any specific judgment criteria or account use restrictions, the Company assumes no obligation to reply thereto.
(1) Corporations, organizations, or individuals that sell products or provide services that are highly likely to be used for criminal acts;
(2) Corporations, organizations, or individuals that may constitute or encourage unlawful acts or criminal acts;
(3) Corporations, organizations, or individuals that engage in illegal or fraudulent sales, purchases, mediations, brokerage, etc. of personal information, registration information, and/or use history information of third parties;
(4) Corporations, organizations, or individuals that have undertaken acts which are contrary to laws, regulations, or public policy, or those that are highly likely to undertake such acts;
(5) Corporations, organizations, or individuals that the Company determines to have performed prohibited acts stipulated under Article 18; and/or
(6) Corporations, organizations, or individuals (including, without limitation, corporations, organizations, or individuals that are likely to: cause disadvantages to LINE users; have an adverse impact on the credibility or reputation of the Company; or involve the Company in complaints, disputes, etc.) that are determined by the Company to be inappropriate for using the LINE Official Account.
Article 18. Prohibited Acts
Customers shall not perform the following acts when using a LINE Official Account:
(1) Violation of laws, regulations, court judgments, decisions, orders, or legally binding administrative measures;
(2) Illegal acts or acts that may encourage illegal acts;
(3) Infringement of intellectual property rights (e.g., copyrights, trademark rights, and patent rights), honor rights, privacy rights, or other statutory or contractual rights of the Company or a third party;
(4) Acts that are likely to be contrary to public policy;
(5) Granting benefits or other cooperative acts to any anti-social forces;
(6) Use of a LINE Official Account as advertising media for a third party without the prior consent of the Company (including, without limitation, advertising products or services of third parties through the use of a LINE Official Account);
(7) When distributing advertisements or messages, etc. utilizing the estimated demographic information of a User by using a LINE Official Account (collectively, “Advertisement”), identifying demographic information of a User who accessed the Advertisement (including, without limitation (i) designation of a transition website for each information demographic, and (ii) addition of specific information in the URL of a website to enable traceability in transition path; when Company distributes the Advertisement);
(8) Assigning or lending an Account to any third party or sharing an Account with any third party;
(9) Impersonating the Company or a third party, intentionally disseminating false information, or indicating or distributing information that has nothing to do with the administration or maintenance of the business category for which the customer has applied;
(10) Unauthorized collection, disclosure, or provision of personal information, registration information, or use history information of a third party;
(11) Posting or transmitting excessively violent expressions and/or images, explicitly sexual expressions and/or images, expressions and/or images that may result in discrimination based on race, nationality, creed, gender, social status, family origin, etc., expressions and/or images that solicit or urge suicide, self-mutilation, or drug abuse, or other expressions and/or images containing anti-social information that may cause discomfort to others;
(12) Acts for the purpose of engaging in sexual intercourse or obscene acts, acts for the purpose of setting up encounters or dating with unacquainted persons of a different gender, acts for the purpose of abusing or slandering other customers, or other acts of using a LINE Official Account for purposes other than as expected for a LINE Official Account;
(13) Distribution of information that may cause uncomfortable feelings or nuisance among Users or third parties;
(14) Acts that cause a hindrance to the servers and/or network systems of a LINE Official Account;
(15) Acts that disturb the administration of LINE Official Accounts by the Company or the use of LINE Official Accounts by other customers, or acts that hinder such administration or use;
(16) Intentionally using a defect in a LINE Official Account;
(17) Making unreasonable inquiries or demands to the Company;
(20) Acts that assist or encourage any of the acts stipulated under items (1) through (19) above; and
(21) Other acts that the Company determines to be inappropriate.
Article 19 Suspension and Termination of Use
1. In case that the Company has judged that any of the following Items is or is likely to be applicable to customers, the Company may suspend provision of LINE Official Account by temporarily suspending use of LINE Official Account by customers or terminating agreements (hereinafter referred to as the "Agreement(s)") subject to the Terms with customers without the need for any notification.
(1) In case that the Company has come to know that there exist reasons for rejection of application stipulated under Article 2 Paragraph 5 following commencement of use of LINE Official Account (regardless of whether or not the relevant Account(s) have been Verified Account(s))
(2) In case that customers have breached the Terms, such as undertaking acts prohibited under Article 18
(3) In case that customers have used LINE Official Account for illegal purpose(s)
(4) In case the Company believes there is a credit impairment of the customer, including but not limited to cases where such customer is subject to the bankruptcy petition or civil rehabilitation petition or the customer files such petitions
(5) In case that the customer cannot be contacted for reasons not attributable to the Company;
(6) If the customer has not accessed such customer’s Account for one (1) year or more; or
(7) In addition to the cases described above, if the customer performs acts that the Company determines to be inappropriate.
2. If Apple Inc, Google LLC, or a third party that administers and/or provides an apps market used by the Company requests that the Company suspend provision of a LINE Official Account in whole or in part, the Company may temporarily suspend such customer’s use of the LINE Official Account or may suspend provision of the LINE Official Account by terminating the Agreements, without the need for any prior notification.
3. Even if damage has been caused to a customer arising from the aforementioned suspension or termination of use under the preceding two paragraphs, the Company shall not assume any responsibility therefor to such customer.
Article 20. Confidentiality
The customer shall maintain the confidentiality of the Company’s Confidential Information (meaning any and all information related to customers, products, services, business projects, technologies, know-how, ideas, concepts, etc. of the Company that the Company has expressly indicated as being confidential upon disclosure of the same, regardless of how such information has been disclosed; the same shall apply hereinafter). Except where Confidential Information is required to be disclosed in accordance with relevant laws and/or regulations, the customer shall not disclose or divulge the Company’s Confidential Information to any third party without the Company’s prior written consent.
Article 21. Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces
1. The customer represents and affirms that the customer, and the customer’s representatives, officers, parties that substantially hold the management rights therein, employees, agents and mediators (collectively, “Concerned Parties”) are not now and will not hereafter constitute an organized crime group, an organized crime group member, an associate member of an organized crime group, a company associated with an organized crime group, a corporate racketeer (sokaiya), a group engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns, or a politically branded racketeering individual or organization, a crime group specialized in intellectual crimes, those who have a close relationship therewith, and/or those that are similar thereto (collectively, “Anti-Social Forces”).
2. The customer affirms that neither it nor any of its Concerned Parties engages in the following acts, either directly or indirectly:
(1) Making violent demands;
(2) Making unreasonable demands beyond the scope of legal responsibility;
(3) Undertaking transactions in a manner that involves menacing words or deeds (including, without limitation, communicating to the effect that the customer or any of its Concerned Parties is an Anti-Social Force), or otherwise involving violent acts;
(4) Damaging the credibility of the Company or hindering the services of the Company by disseminating rumors, or through force or fraudulent means; or
(5) Undertaking other actions that are similar to those described in any of the previous items of this Paragraph.
3. If it is revealed that the customer has breached any of its representations or affirmations stipulated under the preceding two paragraphs, the Company may suspend provision of the LINE Official Account with such customer by terminating the Agreements, without the need for any notification. Even if damage is caused to such customer arising from the aforementioned termination, the Company shall not assume any responsibility therefor to such customer.
Article 22. Assignment and Delegation of Status
1. Unless the Company has consented thereto, the customer shall not assign any of the rights and/or obligations related to the Agreements or statuses thereunder to a third party, offer the same as security for a third party, or cause a third party to accept the same.
2. If the Company intends to assign LINE Official Account in whole or in part to a group company or companies of the Company or another third party, the Company may assign the Company’s status under the Agreement(s) by providing the customer with an announcement or notification to such effect, and the customer consents thereto in advance.
Article 23. Relationship between these Terms and the Laws and Regulations
If the provisions of these Terms violate any laws and regulations applicable to an agreement between the Company and any customers with respect to a LINE Official Account, such provisions, to the extent of such violation, shall not apply to the agreement with the customers; provided, however, that the remaining provisions of these Terms shall not be affected and shall remain in full force and effect.
Article 24. Language, Governing Law, and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall apply to customers for which the Company has determined their affiliated country and region to be Japan. If any contradictions exist between these Terms and any linguistic translation of these Terms provided by the Company, these Terms in their original Japanese language shall supersede. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan without reference to the principles of conflict of law. Any and all disputes related to LINE Official Account between the Company and a customer shall be brought before the Tokyo District Court as the court having exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance.
Date of Last Update: October 1, 2023