LINE Points Terms and Conditions of Use
These LINE Points Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) set forth the terms and conditions between LINE Pay Corporation (“Company”) and Users regarding the use of LINE Points (“Points”).
1. Consent to the Terms
(1) Users may use Points by agreeing to these Terms. Users are deemed to have given their effective and irrevocable consent to these Terms by acquiring or using Points.
(1) Users are required to create an account (“LINE Account”) on the application called “LINE” provided by LY (“LINE App”) when Users use the Points Services.
. If a User’s LINE account is deleted, Points stored in such LINE account shall also be deleted.
(3) The Company and LY shall not be responsible for any damages Users may incur even in cases where Users’ LINE accounts or Points are deleted.
3. Ownership of Rights
All rights pertaining to Points (including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights) shall be owned by the Company, the group companies of the Company and the third parties granting such rights to the Company. Users may use Points to the extent usage rights are granted by the Company pursuant to these Terms.
4. Acquiring Points
Users may acquire Points by completing a specific action (“Action”) in a Company-designated service or a specific service operated by an organization, individual or corporation (including LY) in a contractual relationship with the Company (“Business Partner”), or by completing an Action prescribed in advance by a business operator entering into a contract with the Company or LY related to advertising distribution (“Advertiser”). For the avoidance of doubt, if a User takes an Action of paying money or other consideration for a specific service and is granted Points, such money or other consideration is paid only for receiving such service and not for acquiring Points. Users can confirm their available balance of Points in the LINE App.
5. Methods for Using Points
(1) Detailed conditions, such as the specific contents of an Action, the number of Points to be granted, and other conditions related to the acquisition of Points, are individually stipulated by the Company, Business Partners or Advertisers (“Point Partners” hereafter shall refer to both Business Partners and Advertisers). Users shall consent to the aforementioned detailed conditions before performing Actions to acquire Points.
(2) If an Action is canceled or Users do not meet the requirements for acquiring Points, or even if Users complete an Action required for acquiring Points but the Company or Point Partners determine that such Action has been executed by a misconduct or in any inappropriate manner (including but not limited to cases where Users try to acquire Points by purchasing vouchers, stamps or tickets for reselling or commercial purposes), the Company or Point Partners may decide not to grant Points or cancel all or some of the Points that have already been granted (“Granted Points”), or take any other necessary measures.
(3)In the case where the necessary measures set forth in 5.(2) are taken, if the Granted Points have already been consumed, the Company may, in a manner the Company designates, take a necessary measure such as cancelling the amount equivalent to the Granted Points from the other Points owed by Users, LINE Money, LINE Pay Light or LINE Cash (LINE Money one (1) yen, LINE Pay Light one (1) yen or LINE Cash one (1) yen per Granted Point), instead of cancelling the Granted Points. If the Company, as a necessary measure, requests Users to make to the Company a certain payment in cash or in a manner that the Company designates, Users shall immediately make such payment.
), which can be used within the LINE App to buy stickers, etc., or may be exchanged for goods or services from Business Partners posted in the LINE App, or be used as discount points in Business Partner services. Generally, used Points will not be returned to the User, and transactions related to the use of Points will not be canceled nor will Points refunds be issued.
(5) When using Points, Users shall follow the procedures stipulated on the site, etc., where Points may be used. (Please see the FAQ on this website
(6) Detailed conditions, such as the variation of Exchanged Goods, the number of Points needed to acquire Exchanged Goods, the amount of Exchanged Goods, the terms of validity, usage conditions, and the time required for exchanging Points to Exchanged Goods, shall differ for each Exchanged Good.
(7) All Points will expire when Users do not acquire any additional Points for 180 days or more (where the day of acquisition is counted as the first day) from the day when Users acquire their last Point, and Users may not exchange or use expired Points. The expired Points will not be restored for whatever reason.
(8) Notwithstanding clause 5(7), Users may use Points for which the expiration date is set (“Limited Term Points”) on and before such date set by the Company at the time of the grant of each Point. Limited Term Points will expire when the expiration date has passed, and Users may not exchange or use expired Limited Term Points. Expired Limited Term Points will not be restored for any reason.
(9) If a User has Points with different expiration dates in their account, then the Points with the earlier expiration date should be used first.
(10) Users shall prepare their own communication devices needed for using Points Services. Users shall bear responsibility for any tax or any costs that arise in relation to Point acquisition, Point usage, acquisition of Exchanged Goods or the use thereof, if any.
6. Usage Conditions
or any of the items listed below.
(a) Acts that may lead to fraud or other crimes
(b) Acts that unjustly use the Company’s or a third party’s equipment or facilities, or that hinders management or operation of equipment or facilities.
(c) Acts that consolidate Points stored in multiple LINE accounts into a single LINE account.
(d) Acts that utilize multiple LINE accounts to unjustly obtain Points.
(e) Acts that input false information when a User takes an Action.
(f) Acts that exchange Points for cash, goods, or other economic benefits in a way other than those designated by the Company.
(g) Acts that fraudulently collect, disclose, or provide personal information, registration information, usage history information, etc. of others.
(h) Acts that use the Points Services in a way exceeding the normal range, such as repeating the same or similar acts
(i) Acts that assist or promote acts that fall under any of the above.
(j) Any other acts that the Company or Point Partners otherwise deem inappropriate.
(2) If a User’s LINE account is suspended on the grounds that the User has performed an unjustified act (including but not limited to the items included in clause 6(1)), such User accounts will be restricted with respect to using or obtaining Points. In such cases, the Company shall not be responsible for any damages Users may incur.
(3) The Company may modify all or a part of the contents of the Points Services, or cease the provision of Points or the Points Services when corresponding to any of the following items:
(a) when modification to the contents of the Points Services or cessation of the provision of Points or the Points Services, such as addition of functions to or improvement of the Points Services, conforms to the general interests of Users; or
(b) in cases other than the preceding item, there is rationality in light of the necessity to modify the contents of the Points Services or cease the provision of Points or the Points Services, appropriateness of the contents after modification, appropriateness of the cessation of the provision of Points or the Points Services, and other circumstances concerning the modification or the cessation.
(4) Rights to Points shall not be succeeded to another person, and Points shall not be transferred, loaned or pledged as collateral to any other party.
. In order to grant Points for the Points Service, the Company will obtain information to confirm if the designated application is installed and activated on the device. In addition, the Company and LY may transfer User personal information (advertising identifiers, session identifiers, or names, phone numbers, email addresses, account numbers or other information that a User inputs at the time he/she wishes to exchange Points for Business Partner Exchanged Goods, point balance) both to and from Point Partners when and to the extent necessary to identify the User in order to perform the necessary Point operations, such as Point provision and exchange, in conjunction with the specific Point Partners. Whether to provide the Company and the Point Partners with the personal information is optional. Users, however, are deemed to have acknowledged that, by choosing not to transfer certain personal information, a part or all of the Service may become inaccessible due to the Service's operational requirements.
8. Users’ Responsibility
(1) If the Company determines that a User has acquired or used Points in a way that violates the Terms, the Company may suspend the User’s usage of Points or take other measures that the Company considers necessary or appropriate. However, the Company shall not bear any obligation to prevent or correct such violations.
(2) If the Company suffers any damage due to the User’s willful misconduct or negligence, the User must compensate the damage that the Company suffered immediately when the Company demands such compensation.
9. No Warranty
The Company shall provide no warranty , either expressly or implicitly, with respect to the Points Services ,that are no defects (including, without limitation, faults with respect to security, etc., errors, or bugs, or violations of rights) or as to the safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness and fitness for a particular purpose. The Company shall not be responsible for providing Points Services without such defects.
10. Limitation of Liability
(1) The Company will not be liable for any damage or other disadvantage Users may incur as a result of an Action Users perform(including any damage Users incur in relation to or as a result of the use of Business Partner or Advertiser contents, advertisements, products or services, or the acquisition, use or inability to use Exchanged Goods and any damage Users may incur even in cases where User Points are fraudulently used by third parties, hereinafter the same), unless such damage or other disadvantage is attributable to the intentional or grossly negligent acts of the Company; provided, however, that in the case that the agreement between the User and the Company with respect to the use of the Points Services (including, without limitation, any agreement based on these Terms, hereinafter the same) falls under a consumer contract as defined under the Consumer Contract Act of Japan (“Consumer Contract”), the Company will be liable to provide compensation for damage arising due to negligence on the part of the Company (excluding gross negligence) arising from contract or tort only within the range of the damage which is normally incurred (I.E., exclusive of lost profits and other damages arising under special circumstances).
(2) If a User incur damage as a result of gross negligence on the part of the Company, the Company will be responsible to provide compensation for the damage incurred but only within the range of the damage which is normally incurred (I.E., exclusive of lost profits and other damages arising under special circumstances); provided, however, that the foregoing shall not apply if the agreement between such User and the Company falls under the definition of the Consumer Contract.
11. Relationship between these Terms and Conditions and Laws and Regulations
If the terms of these Terms and Conditions violate any laws and regulations applicable to an agreement between Users and the Company with respect to the Points services (including, without limitation, the Consumer Contract), such terms, to the extent of such violation, shall not apply to the agreement with the Users; provided, however, that the remaining terms of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
12. Revision to these Terms
The Company may revise these Terms in any of the following cases. In the foregoing case, the Company will make public, by indicating on the website of the Company or LY, or on “Notification” on the application provided by the Company or the LINE App, sending a message to Users’ LINE account or notifying Users according to a method prescribed by the Company, to the effect that these Terms will be revised, as well as the subject matter and effective date of the revised version of these Terms. In the case of Item (b) below, the Company will make the revision public a reasonable period before the effective date of the revision. The revised version of these Terms shall come into effect from the effective date:
(a) when revision to these Terms conforms to the general interests of Users; or
(b) when revision to these Terms is not in breach of the purpose of any contract, and is rational in light of the necessity of such revision, appropriateness of the subject matter after revision, and other circumstances concerning the revision.
13. Antisocial Forces
(1) Users represent and affirm that Users, their representatives, officers, parties that substantially hold the right of management, employees, agents, and mediators ("Concerned Parties") are not now or hereafter organized crime groups, organized crime group members, associate members of organized crime groups, companies associated with organized crime groups, sokaiya (corporate racketeers), groups engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns or politically branded racketeering persons or organizations, crime groups specialized in intellectual crimes, those who have close relationship therewith, and/or those that are similar thereto ("Antisocial Force(s)").
(2) Users affirm that Users and their Concerned Parties do not undertake the following acts directly or indirectly.
(a) Making violent demands
(b) Making unreasonable demands beyond the scope of legal responsibility
(c) Undertaking business transactions in a manner that involves menacing words or deeds, or violent acts (including, but not limited to communication to the effect that Users or their Concerned Parties are Antisocial Forces)
(d) Damaging the credibility of the Company by disseminating rumors, through fraudulent means, or by force, or hindering services of the Company
(e) Undertaking other actions that are similar to those described in any of the previous Items of this Paragraph
(3) In case that it has been revealed that Users have breached the representations or affirmations stipulated under the preceding two Paragraphs, the Company may suspend provision of Points Services by terminating the Terms without the need for any notification. Even if some damage has been caused to Users arising from the aforementioned termination, the Company shall not assume any responsibility therefor to Users.
Users hereby agree that in the event the Company transfers a part of its business relating to the Points Services, the Company may transfer its title, rights and obligations under any agreement based on these Terms in addition to Registration Information and other Users data to the transferee. Transfer of business as provided for in this paragraph shall include general successions including mergers and company splits where the Company is being absorbed or split.
15. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The governing language of the Terms shall be Japanese and the substantive laws of Japan shall govern these Terms. Any disputes between Users and the Company which may arise out of, in connection with, or in relation to Points Services, shall be governed under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.
Last updated on October 1, 2023